Workaround for memory access errors when starting the Emerald Fensterdekorators under Ubuntu Natty 11:04Filed under: World;
Henric wrote in comments to post to the Ordinance and GNOME with Emerald theme that with him at 11:04 of the Ubuntu Natty not required for the Emerald Theme Fensterdekorator wants to start. The problem is unfortunately not yet at a fixed bug that prevents that Emerald can work together with the use of Natty Compiz version.The problem manifests itself with a segmentation fault when run from emerald -. And the subsequent lack replace all window decorations
The problem is “upstream” and already fixed in the latest alpha version of the upcoming Ubuntu “Oneiric Ocelot” is the change has already been installed, but for Natty is to date still the bug to “Fix Committed”, so that one still waiting for the final fix would. However, there is a PPA from the Emerald is the updated version can now install already …
$ Sudo apt-add-repository ppa: painted world / compiz$ Sudo apt-get update & & sudo apt-get upgradeThen Emerald
Can also start back on track. Those who prefer to install the fix by hand, the evidence found at demonic.cc checks out how to Emerald via git, compiled, compile the dependencies installed to, and ultimately how to Emerald.
Leave a reply
- Filter out comments with Shut Up and Chrome / Chromium from blogs and news sites
- Ubuntu notebook with 13 inch display rocking Satchbook
- WP DoNotTrack (formerly DoNotTrack) with new features
- Audio Tool Sketch: Electronic music from the tablet or the browser
- What happens when you release the sources of a commercial game?