5 for Firefox now also Ubuntu Maverick 10.10 and Lucid 10:04Filed under: News;
After Firefox 5 at 11:04 Natty Ubuntu users updated automatically via the traditional package sources, was now ready to install, users of older versions of Ubuntu on the new Firefox a proper repository. As I have already said in the first contribution to the 5 and Ubuntu Firefox, the Firefox Stable PPA with the Firefox 5 was fitted so that you can update your Firefox without danger and trouble.
The PPA has already been entered in the system anyway, which should automatically get the update on the computer. All others can add the following commands to the PPA system and then import the update …
$ Sudo apt-add-repository ppa: mozilla team / firefox-stable$ Sudo apt-get update & & sudo apt-get upgrade
[UPDATE] If not then start Firefox in German, so please check whether the package “firefox-locale-de” was installed. There seems to be installed is not always automatic. [/ UPDATE]
$ Sudo apt-get install firefox-locale-deThe PPA can use
Users of Maverick and Lucid quite safely, since it is included only from the official Mozilla Firefox and Canonical care team. The risk should be long-term PPAs with the verbasteln to be somewhat low.
Leave a reply
- Filter out comments with Shut Up and Chrome / Chromium from blogs and news sites
- Ubuntu notebook with 13 inch display rocking Satchbook
- WP DoNotTrack (formerly DoNotTrack) with new features
- Audio Tool Sketch: Electronic music from the tablet or the browser
- What happens when you release the sources of a commercial game?