SkypeKit, Skype without frontendFiled under: World;
Early November 2009, Skype announced that it would publish the front end of the Linux client as open source. Now, after more than half a year, the basis for this was created. Thus able to draw “x-arbitrary” application or device on Skype as a service, it needs a uniform and public programming.ViewToday Skype has however introduced the new “headless” version SkypeKit.SkypeKit is practically Skype, but without a surface. Developers can build their own Skype clients and front ends. According to own statements, there are numerous SkypeKit for chipsets and operating systems. I guess strong that Linux has not forgotten here, after all, there are always more popular with Android and Linux web tablet with numerous potential customers.
The beta is available to select customers probably already longer available. From 23.6. each developer can apply for access to SkypeKit beta program. I dare even the bold prediction at the end of the year we can expect a usable Skype Client for Linux.
Leave a reply
- Filter out comments with Shut Up and Chrome / Chromium from blogs and news sites
- Ubuntu notebook with 13 inch display rocking Satchbook
- WP DoNotTrack (formerly DoNotTrack) with new features
- Audio Tool Sketch: Electronic music from the tablet or the browser
- What happens when you release the sources of a commercial game?