Tagesschau with Ogg Theora videosFiled under: Uncategorized;
A few days ago was the message through the Web 2.0 world, that the evening news on their online portal offers not only Adobe Flash and Windows Media streams, but also encoded with the free video codec Ogg Theora videos. And lo and behold, after a little searching you can find on all sides of the 20 o'clock evening news, the evening news and the weekly level to H.264/MPEG-4 links and Ogg Theora video files.
After the end of January, ARD had already been quite bureaucratic in terms of free software, I thought that one of the Ogg Theora plans the news could learn something more. A short e-mail and a day later the answer arrived in my mailbox.
We are currently still in testing phase, so there is still no HTML5 player for Ogg / Theora on our side and with the encoding performance, we are still not satisfied. Medium term, we want to expand but the Ogg / Theora offer.
Nice to see
That are in the news free video-codecs on a par with proprietary technology. What is missing is that the content will be made under licenses that allow for further processing and distribution, but whether this ever happened?
Leave a reply
- Filter out comments with Shut Up and Chrome / Chromium from blogs and news sites
- Ubuntu notebook with 13 inch display rocking Satchbook
- WP DoNotTrack (formerly DoNotTrack) with new features
- Audio Tool Sketch: Electronic music from the tablet or the browser
- What happens when you release the sources of a commercial game?