Happy Birthday Debian!Filed under: Other;
Funny Yeah, Ubuntu is for me yet somehow, despite the success of the “newcomers” among Linux distributions. It is in my calendar that the distribution already celebrating its seventh birthday! Debian, Redhat and Suse are almost from the beginning of this, Ubuntu actually puts on the other hand still in his diapers.
Nevertheless: Happy Birthday
From Warty to Oneiric it was a long way … seven years, 15 versions, many discussions, a huge community, perpetual development. I am curious where the journey the next few years. I compare this time with Ubuntu from that of today, I must say that the comfort and compatibility have grown enormously.
Graphical Installer? Live CDs? That did not exist back then. Webcams? Wi-Fi cards? Many hardware that runs today largely without problems, was then almost did not get to work. As before, there are of course always hurdles to be overcome, but compared to the past but are really just stumbling blocks.
Who are the good old
Warty want to watch again, which can be found on old-releases.ubuntu.com nor the iso images from the early days of Ubuntu. Unfortunately, did not install Warty right away in a current VirtualBox, not without reason that scolds the ugly warty warthog
Leave a reply
- Filter out comments with Shut Up and Chrome / Chromium from blogs and news sites
- Ubuntu notebook with 13 inch display rocking Satchbook
- WP DoNotTrack (formerly DoNotTrack) with new features
- Audio Tool Sketch: Electronic music from the tablet or the browser
- What happens when you release the sources of a commercial game?