GNOME Shell will restart if misrepresented OverviewFiled under: Thoughts;
I am now quite a Friend of GNOME Shell. I'm using it for quite some time, first under Fedora 15, Ubuntu Natty 11:04 then with the PPA and the team just now GNOME3 GNOME 3.2, Ubuntu installed out Oneiric 11:10. However, I now Oneiric frequently the problem described in Bug # 84 481, so that the index misrepresented.There are windows to see who actually does not lie on the current desktop, not all windows are shown completely. Where exactly is the problem is me, unfortunately, not yet known, but it seems users with Nvidia, ATI or Intel graphics also make cards alike.
Once the problem occurs, you get rid of it, unfortunately, not so fast. It disappears only when the GNOME-Shell restarts by itself, for example, logging off and on again. But luckily there's a better way to reload the shell. Pressing Alt + F2 and simply give the “r” or “restart”, then the windows on the screen flicker briefly and the shell should behave properly again.
More tips and tricks on her way GNOME Shell in the gnome-shell cheat sheet. Everyone who plays with the idea to test the shell once, should look at this survey at least once.
Leave a reply
- Filter out comments with Shut Up and Chrome / Chromium from blogs and news sites
- Ubuntu notebook with 13 inch display rocking Satchbook
- WP DoNotTrack (formerly DoNotTrack) with new features
- Audio Tool Sketch: Electronic music from the tablet or the browser
- What happens when you release the sources of a commercial game?