HP TouchPad WebOS or printed on HP printers ePrint canFiled under: Coutry;
In my contribution to my first impressions of the HP TouchPad with WebOS I've also written that the TouchPad my network printer Samsung ML-2851ND want to find. He is not automatically detected, and when I enter the IP manually, then comes a message that tells me that printer is not currently supported.Unfortunately, the error message says WHY not the selected printer is not supported, because there actually send off enough technical solutions over the network a print job.
From PreCentral.net forum I'm now joined on the reason for this behavior, WebOS supports – no surprise's – only HP printers ePrint dominate and these are currently not really many models. HP wants / wanted to promote so together with its WebOS devices and sales of new printers.
For me it's just annoying, since there were plenty of protocols and methods to access network printers from any manufacturer can be. But that is just what happens when you can mess up a producer of patented ink tanks and outrageously expensive ink an operating system.
Leave a reply
- Filter out comments with Shut Up and Chrome / Chromium from blogs and news sites
- Ubuntu notebook with 13 inch display rocking Satchbook
- WP DoNotTrack (formerly DoNotTrack) with new features
- Audio Tool Sketch: Electronic music from the tablet or the browser
- What happens when you release the sources of a commercial game?